I am glad to have you back on my blog. It has been almost 2 years since I decided to transition and go natural with my hair. To be honest, there is one word to describe well my journey: challenging. For real Fam, it has not always been fun: some good moments where I see it growing and some bad moments where I experience crazy breakage.
But hey, we are not here to talk about sad stories. Today, I am sharing with you one of my favorite DIYs which is my deep conditioner for my hair. It was inspired from the youtuber Naptura85 that I have followed since I discovered her because my hair is kind of similar to hers and obviously because of her very helpful tips about hair. You should check her out.
Let’s get to it now. For this recipe you will just need:
- an avocado
- 2 eggs
- a glass of water
- castor oil(or any other oil of your choice)
- apple cider vinegar(optional)
- a blender
- a spoon
There are only three steps:
- I start by pouring the water in the blender and adding my avocado to it and…brrruuuuummmm blend it!
- Next, add the two eggs and blend…again,
- Take about two soup spoons of your favorite oil,in my case castor oil and blend it all together.
And there…you have it! Easy right? I prefer conditioning my hair when I take my braids out which is approximatively every 4 months.
The benefits in my opinion:
- It makes your hair softer(not immediately of course),
- If done regularly, it makes your hair less breakable,
- makes your scalp very smooth,
- adds shine.
But why those products? Well; let me tell you, it really depends on what you want to provide your hair with. That explains why there are many differents recipes of conditioner out there and this is not to say only one is the best, or any is wrong.
In this case, we used:
- avocado because it contains many proteins that your hair needs in order to grow healthy (and I needed it!),
- eggs that help prevent breakage and contains vitamins that makes your hair and your scalp smooth,
- castor oil that also promotes hair growth because of its omega-9 fatty acid. It also helps reduce split ends.
- You can read my post about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar here
And that is it for today. I hope this helps you and inspires you to try this at home. If so, leave me a comment and let me know how you like/not like it.
P.S:Stay stuned for more exciting blog posts. A new series is coming out soon!
‘Til next time
Lots of Love