This week I met Cassandra, a friend from Ghana, that I have known for a couple years now. The first time, we met at the bus terminal and she approached me with a cute smile on her face and we started talking about us living in Canada and being far from home. The other day we were studying in the library and I told her about this new series I am doing on my blog and she started acting shy saying she can’t be interviewed but we eventually ended up doing it. P.S: she is kind of shy in public.
So Cassie, tell me:
Three names you go by:
- Nana ama which kind of means “saturday born queen” because I was born on a Saturday,
- Sakyiwa-my grand mother’s name
Three places you have visited:
- New Barnet, England
- Texas, Usa
- Ottawa, Canada
Three drinks you prefer:
- Water. But I need to drink more of it,
- Any chocolate drink (laugh)
Three memories you cherish:
- I remember, when I left Ghana to come to Canada, my dad hugged me tight and told me he was proud of me.That… means a lot to me!
- The time I decided to keep singing in my choir despite the fact that my voice was giving up on me,
- The time my mother said:”You are like my sister now”. That made me feel so happy. I was 16 years old.
Three of your goals for this year:
- To drink more water
- To work on being more confident. Girl, we are in this together (wink)
- To be closer to God
Cassie is a very sweet and shy girl that I am glad to have as a friend. I really appreciate her time and enthusiasm with which she did this with me. I hope you had fun reading this post and see you in my next #TTT
‘Til next time
Lots of love